It is an expectation that all students wear correct uniform. Students will receive warning letters if they are not in the correct uniform; they may also be sent home if this continues. School sandals should have a back strap and provide support over the top of the foot. Black shoes and white socks may also be worn but sandals must be worn with sulus. Shorts may be worn as an alternative to the sulu and skirt except for formal school functions such as Secondary Presentation Evening.
Timing of the school day
Primary Bell Times:
|8.00||School day begins|
|02.30||End of school|
Middle School Bell Times:
|7.50||Pastoral / DEAR /Roll Call|
|1.10 - 1.50||DEAR|
|1.50 - 2.30||Period 5|
High School Bell Times
End of day for most students
|3.10||End of school for other students|
Please refer to School Bus for detailed information.
Policy on the use of Mobile phones/iPods/headjacks in school
- Any digital storage device such as iPods which have a headphone jack is not permitted in school.
- Headphones are not permitted in school.
- Mobile phones must be registered at the Primary or Secondary office.
- Mobile phones must be switched off and left in lockers (Secondary) or a secure place such as the Primary or Secondary office out of sight during the school day.
- Any student found using a mobile phone without permission between 7.45am and 2.30pm will have the phone confiscated. This may result in the student not being permitted to bring a phone to school again. Any confiscated phone must be collected by a parent.
- Students needing to use their mobile phone during the school day should do so in the Primary or Secondary office, once permission has been obtained from one of the Heads of School.
Rebecca Clentworth is the Head of the Primary School, she is assisted by Rosi Uluiviti as PYP Coordinator and the teaching and learning coaches for Literacy, Maths and Science, Wellbeing and Specialist teachers.
Early Childhood 1
The Early Childhood 1 programme run from 8am – 1.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Early Childhood 2 to Year 5
These programmes run from 8am – 2.30pm Monday - Friday
Students will follow standard primary school times (8am to 2.30pm).
Primary Stationery and school materials
All primary stationery and school materials are supplied through the classroom teacher. There is no need for parents to make separate purchases for exercise books, texts books or writing materials to start the year.
Refer to the Primary Handbook for detailed information
Megan Navunisaravi is Head of High School and she deals with all student matters related to the high school (Years 9 to Year 12). She is assisted by the Year Coordinators, Heads of Department and Curriculum Coordinators: Alex Karountzos (ACT/IB Coordinator) and Cynthia Chen (IGCSE Coordinator). Kris Stice is Head of Middle School. He is assisted by the Pastoral teachers and Heads of Department
Students will receive textbooks through the Library. It is important that students take particular care of the books because they are very expensive, the cost ranging from $30 to $100. Students are expected to return their textbooks at the end of the school year and will be charged for missing or damaged books.
Secondary students are expected to provide their own stationery. Please refer to the lists below.
|Middle School:||High School:|
Year 9 to Year 10 (2018)
Year 11 to year 12 (2018)
Secondary Locker Procedures
All students are issued a locker, for which a charge of $5 is levied. This should be paid to the office at the time of enrolment. Each student is responsible for the security of his/her locker and must ensure it is locked at all times. Lockers which are found unlocked will be locked. Students will be required to pay a re-opening fee of $3.
Contacts for the Principal and Heads of School
Office hours are from 8.00am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday and closed on public holidays.